Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Presentation Prompts

Below are 12 ChatGPT prompts that, with a little fine-tuning and background context from you on the details of your presentation, can help you craft and deliver a highly engaging presentation at work, whether you use PowerPoint, Canva, or other slide deck creation software.


  • Suggest some attention-grabbing, catchy titles for my work presentation to draw in my audience, who will consist of [job titles].
  • I am a [job title] presenting to [job titles of audience] for the purpose of [objective of presentation]. Give me an outline for this PowerPoint presentation, [title], which will last 15 minutes. Keep it to no more than 12 slides.
  • Provide some ideas for starting my presentation with a bang, including attention-grabbing opening slides. (Once it provides the answer, write this prompt:) Repeat the above with this presentation [title] in mind.
  • Generate a list of ideas for supplementary handouts and resources to complement my presentation.
  • How can I handle or field questions about my presentation, from the audience of stakeholders effectively and confidently?
  • How can I strike the right balance between text and visuals to keep my slides visually appealing and informative?
  • Give me a list of techniques for improving readability through choosing appropriate fonts, sizes, and text formatting for my work presentation.
  • Explore some ways that I can make my presentation interactive through quizzes, polls, and audience participation.
  • Suggest some ways I can introduce and present the concept of [name of concept] to a non-technical audience.
  • What key points should I cover in a presentation about [name of topic]?
  • Provide a list of topic-relevant icebreakers that I can use to kick off my presentation on [name of topic], which will be suitable for the 30 team members who will be attending.
  • Suggest some ways I can include storytelling in my presentation.

Bonus prompt idea in line with the last recommendation: Create an outline for this story, and incorporate it into my presentation outline [detail list of main points from your story].