Thursday, January 19, 2012

Infographic: When Consumers Click on Mobile Ads

Yahoo! study uncovers how time of day and location impacts ad engagement on mobile

Thanks to my mobile phone, I'm completely done with my holiday shopping. Social media helped me unearth cool gift ideas, and mobile search helped me develop a plan of attack. And along the way, I saw my fair share of mobile ads. The Yahoo! and Ipsos study "Mobile Modes: How to Connect with Mobile Consumers" uncovered that mobile ad recall is high, with one in two consumers recalling seeing an ad the last time they used mobile Internet. Engagement is high, too, with about one-quarter clicking on mobile advertising. Yahoo! researchers also pinpointed how time of day and location influence consumers interaction with mobile ads. Find out more after the jump.

According the "Mobile Modes" study, ad interaction rates were highest during intermittent break times (55%) and when winding down from the day (45%).

As expected, personal relevance to the user boost mobile effectiveness. A user's location at the time of seeing the ad is also very important.

For more on best practices for connecting with consumers on mobile, check out http://advertising.yahoo.com/article/mobile-modes.html